March 1 – April 12, 2017
Course Number: 47075
Subject Code: SMBU
Course Code: 9799
Technology for Small Business is an introduction to important basic software and hardware tools for entrepreneurs such as website management, blogging, point of sale, databases and IT security.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: List and describe the basic elements of website management (banner / logo, navigation, photos, video, links, calendar, store, user accounts, comments, social media)
- Outcome 2: Present the pros and cons of outsourcing a small business website (Wix, SquareSpace, WordPress.com)
- Outcome 3: Create a simple small business blog (Blogger, Google +, Tumblr)
- Outcome 4: Outline challenges to data security and solutions to meet them
- Outcome 5: Explain common uses of databases in small business management (Core web searching skills, Google Sheets, Google Forms)
- Outcome 6: Describe popular small business point of sale tools and estimate the costs associated with each. (Ebay, Etsy, YouTube, PayPal)
Find more details on this course in its official Course Outline of Record
This class is part of the Small Business program at CCSF. Prepares students for a successful start in their own small business and helps small business owners increase the effectiveness and operation of their business in 5 areas:
1) Starting Out
5) Export/Import and International Business.
All Small Business classes contribute towards a noncredit Small Business Certificate of Completion.
To learn about the Small Business program, click here.